Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Telling about you and a friend


Hello, Everyone!.. The first little project for this trimester is to get to tell people about you and meet new friends. So, we are going to get in groups of three people and we are going to work together to ask questions about our new classmates and tell people about us... Let's get started!!!!

A. Look at the following mind map:



B. Read about Juan. (this is just a model.. feel free to add more to the different paragraphs)

Hello, World! Welcome to my blog. In this blog I will post my school work for Level 4. I will use it to practice writing, listening, speaking and reading. Also, I will share it with my classmates and people from the world.

My name’s Juan Gonzalez but you can call me Juanchi. I’m from Maracaibo, originally. I live in Maracaibo, in Monte Claro. I’m 20 years old and I have a big family. My mom is a lawyer and my dad an engineer. I have two brothers and one sister.

I study engineering at URBE . My favorite subjects are mathematics and English. This trimester I am taking 4 classes and I am in the 4th trimester.

talking on the phone
I love music, dancing, playing soccer, driving my car (I have a red sport car), surfing the net, studying English, talking on the phone with my friends. My favorite food is pizza and I like chocolate very much. The most important to me is  my family , my country and my dog. I also enjoy going out with my friends.

I hate onions, listening to hip hop, getting up early on the weekend, violence, war, injustice, and washing the dishes. I can't stand people smoking.

Eiffel Tower
My dream is to travel around the world, visit the Pyramids in Egypt and The Eiffel Tower in Paris. Of course, I want to graduate from Engineering School and be a good engineer. I also would love to learn to speak French, and Italian. I want to work in an important company and buy a house, get married and start a family.

About English, I love to learn new languages. I think English is very important. What do I do to practice my English? well, I listen to music and watch TV in English. It’s a good exercise. I also chat on the internet and have friends in many countries. I use social networks like facebook and twitter to connect to people around the world and make friends. I can write well, but I need to practice more. The most difficult for me is speaking. I want to practice in class and out of class, too. I hope I can make a lot of friends and practice speaking in this class.

Well, This is a little bit about me. Hope you liked it... Please, leave a comment!

Keep on Shining Love and Peace!
Juanchi


C. Now it’s your turn. Draw a mind map ( you can use Text2mindmap) Write about yourself and Add your picture.


D. It's time to meet two new friends. Use these questions to interview your new friends.


personal info



School info
What’s your name? Do you have a nickname? How old are you? Where are you from?  Where do you live? What's your family like? do you have any brothers or sisters?


Where do you go to school? what school in URBE are you in? What are your favorite subjects? what trimester are you in? how many classs are you taking?
Likes
What do you like doing? What things do you like? what do you love? what do you Enjoy? What's your favorite... food, movie, book, singer., sport..?
dislikes
What things you don’t like? what do you Hate? what Can’t  you stand?
dreams
What is your dream? What do you want to do with your life? what places would you like to visit? what would you like to do?
About English:
What’s your opinion about English? Do you like it? Is it important? What do you do to study English? What re you good at in English..grammar, listening, reading...? What do you need to improve.... grammar, listening, reading...?What do you want to do in this class? what are your expectaions?
Use these expressions to answer to your new friends questions:
Name
My name is…. / I’m from …… / I go to ……..school in URBE / I’m …….years old. / I live in…….
Likes
I love…… / I enjoy….. /I like to …….
dislikes
I don’t like to ……. / I hate……. /I can’t stand………
dreams
My dream is to ……. / I want to ……. One day.
About English:
I think English is……. / In my opinion …….. / For me ….. / I guess ……. / I want to …. in this class.

Now, write your new friends information here:

Name
Her/his name’s ……... She/he’s from ……... She/he’s a student from …………………… school. She/he’s …… years old. She/he lives in ………………...
Likes
She/he likes …+ing, She/he likes to …….,
She/he loves …. + ing, she/he enjoys …+ ing
dislikes
She/he doesn’t like to ……. / She/he hate……. /She/he can’t stand………
dreams
Her/his dream is to ……. / She/he wants to ……. One day.
About English:
She/he thinks English is……. / In her/his opinion …….. / For her/him ….. / He/she guesses ……. / She/he wants to …. in this class.

E. Now draw a mind map with the information about your friend. Look at this example.



Navith Arriaga



F. Write about you and your friend in our facebook group

I have two new friends... Anilup and Daniel ...

Her name is Anilup Uzcategui. She's from Barquisimeto. She lives in Maracaibo. She's 19 years old. She's a law student. She speaks English and Spanish. Her email address is ani_uzcategui@email.com. She loves to dance.

His name is Daniel. He's from Barqusimeto. He speaks Spanish and little English.He's 23 years old. He's a Graphic design student. His email is dazc89@email.com. He loves to play Ultimate Frisbee and Football.

They are really nice.


G. You can create a Voki like this:



 


Have fun and keep on shining love and peace!
Doris3m

No comments: